Our Stoma Care Awareness course has been designed to teach delegates theoretical and practical knowledge in order to increase confidence when operating around stoma. Our instructors will explain the significance of effective infection control procedures whilst providing privacy and dignity for the client. Stoma Care Awareness training is aimed at all levels of care staff.
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Infection control and prevention
- Indications for a stoma
- Complications of a stoma
- Fitting, emptying and removing
- Privacy, dignity & respect
- Practical session
- Keeping accurate records
On completion delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of stoma, the causes, needs and requirements We will ensure delegates understand the importance of maintaining infection control standards throughout their tasks and that they privacy, dignity and respect for the service user is kept throughout.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.
Course Assessment and Certification
The assessment is completed with simulated practical assessments and on successful completion of the training learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance.