Our Sports First Aid course is ideal for anyone in the sporting industry. It is vital athletes’ injuries are attended to shortly after the incident in order to minimise long term damage. Our training will ensure all attendees are fully equipt with the appropriate first aid skills to deal with sporting injuries promptly and efficiently. As a result of our instructor’s experienced ability , if requested prior to course commencement bespoke situations can be designed to make training seem more relevant.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to your new role as a first aider.
- Primary survey (initial check).
- Communicating with the casualty.
- Dealing with an emergency in a public place.
- Internal and external bleeding.
- Speedy treatment of burns and scalds.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and when it is necessary.
- Assessing unconscious causalities.
- Proper assessment and response to head injury.
- Possible reactions to extreme temperatures/conditions.
- Torn or stretched ligaments and muscles.
- Asthma attacks.
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries.
- Assessing and treating (if possible) chest pains.
- Emergency technique to relieve choking.
The Sports First Aid training course is run over the duration of one day and delegates will be awarded a Sports First Aid certificate upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.