Our SOVA course has been specifically designed to express the significance of safeguarding vulnerable adults. Through the duration of the course the attendees will look at how staff in the care industry need to approach the topic. Attendees will leave the programme with the understanding of current policies, practices and laws to ensure they can correctly implement industry standards into your company. Our course will be delivered in accordance with the most current legislation to protect vulnerable adults. Upon request, our instructors can tailor specifics making our training seem more relevant to all attendees.
Outline of Programme
- What is Safeguarding?
- What makes someone a adult vulnerable?
- What are the different types of abuse.
- How to recognise abuse, signs and signals.
- Look at the Symptoms associated with abuse.
- Different ways of Managing abuse.
- Current legislation and guidelines.
- How we should be Record-keeping and reporting issues effectively.
Safety Trainings SOVA Awareness program takes around 3 hours and delegates will be expected to partake in a number of group activities. Our experienced teachers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.