Our First Person on Scene (FPOS) training course explains and teaches how to provide essential care in the first few minutes of an emergency. The HSE approved course teaches attendees skills associated with rapid assessment, stabilisation and the transfer of both trauma victims and those suffering a medical emergency. Because of the experienced ability our instructors, if requested prior to course commencement bespoke situations tailored to your working environment can be designed to make course content seem more relevant to the industry your company is in.
FPOS training is an intermediate level course. Despite no previous experienced being required and anyone with a desire to learn is welcome to attend, FPOS is fully recognised by the security industry.
Outline of Programme
- Determine the safety of the environment.
- Assessing the casualty.
- Primary survey – Danger, Response, Airway, Breathing (DRAB).
- Following primary survey, decide between using the Basic Life Support sequence or an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) if necessary.
- How to check a casualty’s circulation.
- Rapid treatment of Shock.
- Coping with trauma and helping others on the scene to do so.
The first person on scene (FPOS) training course lasts 3 days and can either be taken in-house or attended at an open course. Training is made up from a combination of both theory and practical sessions, designed to develop a good all round first aider. Delegates will receive a comprehensive handbook, assessment by an independent examiner and certification.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.