Our course has been created to highlite the reasons and causes behind falls, how they come can about, and how we can help to prevent falls. We teach how to determine when an individual may be at risk. Delegates will also be presented with the opportunity to learn about the consequences of falls both physical and psychological; alongside what ways they can provide help to those who have fallen. Our course is ideal for individuals operating in the care sector, especially those working primarily with the elderly.
Outline of Programme
- A look at Personal and environmental risk factors contributing to falls and how to dynamic risk assess.
- Poor vision causing falls – cataract and age-related macular degeneration.
- Social, psychological and other implications of falls.
- How to determine when a person is at risk.
- How to help those who have fallen – medical, exercise, awareness, etc.
- What Injuries can be caused by falling, and what to do if one occurs.
The fall prevention awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.