Our Emergency First Aid Awareness course provides all attendees with a clear understanding of first aid and how to manage incidents in the correct manner. Our training will ensure all attendees have the ability to act upon an incident with full confidence. By the end of the course the delegates will have the ability to recognise and identify the causes of an incident and inform the emergency services, alongside having the correct skills to provide appropriate care until the emergency services arrive. Our emergency first aid awareness course is structured with the intent of assisting attendees looking to become an ‘appointed person’ in their place of work. However, this course would benefit all members of staff in order to spread general awareness of first aid.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understand the principles of first aid.
- How to alert advanced medical help.
- Managing an incident safely.
- Basic life support/recovery position.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, choking, bleeding and Shock.
The course lasts half a day, taking place over a 3 hour period. There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for one year after which a re-qualification course becomes necessary. It is strongly recommended that you update your skills by taking an annual refresher.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.