Our course is a necessity for individuals operating in the care industry; this is as delegates are taught about the causes of choking, the signs and symptoms of choking and what steps can be taken in order to prevent choking. Delegates will also gain an understanding of different diet options, foods which pose a risk to patients alongside the skills required to assist a patient with their eating.
Outline of Programme
- Signs and symptoms of choking.
- Signs and symptoms of aspiration.
- Which foods put service users at risk?
- Assisting someone with their eating – what to do, and what not to do.
- Managing an emergency.
The choking prevention awareness training course takes around 2 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.