Our Asbestos Awareness course is an introduction into the dangers of working with asbestos and assists employers to comply with the law for their workers to be appropriately trained in order to work safely. Our training provides attendees with knowledge upon where asbestos can be found and how to survey it and to prevent its exposure.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- What is asbestos and why is it dangerous?
- Compliance with regulations, such as HSE guidelines.
- Where is asbestos found? – Locations, materials and products.
- Properties of asbestos.
- Health problems caused by asbestos.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Exposure of asbestos and how it can be prevented.
- Completing asbestos surveys.
- Control measures and safe working practice.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE.)
- Removal of asbestos.
The course is delivered within half a day, over a 3 hour period and meets HSE requirements. There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer, with practical activities during the training and a multiple choice theory test afterwards. Upon successful completion, delegates receive nationally recognised certification valid for one year.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
- We Cover All of Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire.